Saturday, June 13, 2009

Kinilaw of the Day


Dilis (anchovies) fish made my menu on yesterday's holiday. I made it the kinilaw (Anchovy Seviche) way to make it more delicious from the usual style of cooking. Just clean the fish, separate the meat from the fine bones. In a bowl, combine vinegar, salt & calamansi juice. Add the fish meat and mix well. Put thinly sliced onions, garlic and ginger. For this menu I added some hot chillies to compliment with the other spices. Adjust the seasonings according to taste. Add sliced cucumber and raddish. Mix altogether, garnish with chopped leeks. I tried having this dilis kinilaw and pork oriental stew as meals. The blend of chili, sour and the stew was so heavenly delicious!

1 comment:

  1. This looks good! I love seviche, just had some yesterday! yum!

    ReplyDelete