Friday, July 23, 2010

Chicken Day

I was not able to joined Food Trip Friday for the past weeks because I was so busy. During my hectic days I was able to cooked this Chicken Aloha at home. Dressed chicken (native kind) was marinated in salt, pepper and seasonings overnight. Then fried turning each sides until golden brown. Set aside. In a large pot, put pineorange juice, pineapple chunks, salt, pepper, onions,lemon grass and the whole chicken. Boil in a slow fire until tender. Place in a serving dish and garnished with pineapple slices and celery. My favorite part here are the chicken legs and everybody at home enjoyed eating this meal. Indeed, a great chicken day.

6 comments:

  1. tagal na panahon na di ako nakatikim ng native chicken.. my father raised native chicken when I was a kid.. yummylicious ..naglalaway ako:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i also cook this dish but without lemongrass. it's also great with pork liempo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Native Chicken is so yummy kaso it's been 10 yrs since I tasted one back in aklan during my vacation, kaka miss at ang sarap ng luto mo ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. never tried chicken aloha before; this looks yummy though :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. masarap nga yang chicken aloha .nakakagutom nag entry mo

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, it looks like it's falling off the bones...yan ang masarap...can I have a taste?...:))

    ReplyDelete